- As on 9 March 2021, a total of 15,812 contractors and as many as 3,81,831 contract workers are registered on this portal.
- Through Shramik Kalyan Portal, Indian Railways ensures 100 per cent compliance of payment of minimum wages to contract workers
About Shramik Kalyan Portal
- Indian Railway Shramik Kalyan e-application has been developed and launched on 1st October, 2018.
- E-Application ensures the compliance of provisions of Minimum Wages Act and also ensures that contractual workers working in Indian Railways get their rightful due by enforcing the contractors to regularly upload wage payment data into e-application.
- This helps Railways as Principal Employer, in keep vigil over wages disbursed by contractors to contract workers.
- All PSUs working under the Ministry of Railways are also using this e-application.
- The Portal enables all the contractors of different units of Railways i.e., divisions/workshops/PUs/PSUs to register themselves on e-application and subsequently add Work Orders issued by different Railway units to them.
- The contractors have to create a profile of each contract worker engaged by him for the work and update the wages provided to him on a regular basis.
- There are checks in the portal to ensure that wages paid by the contractors conform to Minimum Wages fixed by Govt. of India from time to time.