Why in news?
- Scorching heat has forced animals out of Seshachalam biosphere in the 2019 summer.
Seshachalam Biosphere Reserve:
- The Seshachalam Hills are hilly ranges in part of the Eastern Ghats in Andhra Pradesh and spread over Chittoor and Kadapa districts.
- It was designated as a Biosphere Reserve in 2010.
- Tirupati, a major Hindu pilgrimage town and the Sri Venkateshwara National Park are located in these ranges.
- It is home to a number of endemic species including the famous Red Sanders and Slender Loris.
- Tribes of Yanadis are the native population of the reserve.