In News: Recently, Indian Army will participate in the multinational military exercise Shantir Ogroshena 2021 (Front runner of the peace) will be held in Bangladesh from April 4-12, 2021.
About Shantir Ogroshena Exercise
- Theme of the exercise is ‘Robust Peacekeeping Operations’.
- The multinational military exercise will be organized to commemorate the birth centenary of Bangladesh ‘Father of the Nation’ Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and mark the glorious 50 years of liberation.
- Indian Army contingent comprising of 30 personnel including officers, JCOs and jawans of a Battalion from the Dogra Regiment will participate in the military exercise.
- Military observers from the USA, UK, Turkey, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Singapore will also be in attendance throughout the exercise.
The Dogra Regiment
- Is an infantry regiment of the Indian Army.
- The regiment traces its roots directly from the 17th Dogra Regiment of the British Indian Army. When transferred to the Indian Army numeral prefix 17 was removed.
- Units of the Dogra Regiment have fought in all conflicts that independent India has been engaged in, making it one of the most prestigious and most decorated regiments of the Indian Army