Source: Press Information Bureau (Budget 2019)
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-Urban)-
- Over 81 lakh houses with an investment of about Rs. 4.83 lakh crore sanctioned.
- Over 24 lakh houses delivered to the beneficiaries.
- Over 13 lakh houses so far constructed using new technologies.
- More than 95% of cities also declared Open Defecation Free (ODF).
- The target of achieving Gandhiji’s resolve of Swachh Bharat to make India ODF by 2nd October 2019.
- To mark this occasion, the Rashtriya Swachhta Kendra to be inaugurated at Gandhi Darshan, Rajghat on 2nd October 2019.
- Gandhipedia being developed by the National Council for Science Museums to sensitize youth and society about positive Gandhian values.
- Railways to be encouraged to invest more in suburban railways through SPV structures like Rapid Regional Transport System (RRTS) proposed on the Delhi-Meerut route.
- Proposal to enhance the metro-railway initiatives by:
- Encouraging more PPP initiatives.
- Ensuring completion of sanctioned works.
- Supporting transit-oriented development (TOD) to ensure commercial activity around transit hubs