Source: Press Information Bureau
Recently the Union Human Resource Development Minister launched one of world’s largest Integrated Online Junction for – School Education ‘Shagun’ in New Delhi
Key Highlight about Sahagun
- It is an overreaching initiative to improve the school education system by creating a junction for all online portals and websites relating to various activities of the Department of School Education and Literacy in the Government of India and all States and Union Territories.
- The word Shagun is coined from two different words- ‘Shala’ meaning Schools and ‘Gunvatta’ meaning Quality and this online junction of different websites and portals into a single platform will enhance the accessibility of information relating to schools and will ensure a holistic approach to transform the education sector.
- The websites of KendriyaVidyalayas, NavodayaVidyalayas, other CBSE affiliated schools, SCERTs, and organizations affiliated with NTCE among others are integrated with Shagun.
- Report cards of 15 lakh schools all over the country will be available on the newly created junction
- The portal seeks to connect approximately 92 lakh teachers and 26 crore students.
- The website provides a very robust feedback mechanism. Common people can directly give their feedback about schools which will further increase the public participation and will ensure accountability and transparency
Integrated National School Education Treasury (INSET)
The Minister of HRD also announced the setting up of INSET which envisages a fully integrated, instantly accessible and seamless information network for all parameters relating to the students, teachers, and schools in the country.
The main focus will be on the following areas:
- Reinforcing and cleaning the data of the Integrated Online Junction through feedback from Stakeholders
- Ensuring full inter-operability among the websites, portals and applications which are already hosted in the junction
- Creating high quality e-contents, including quizzes and puzzles to enhance learning and also for teachers in aiding classroom transactions
- Using artificial intelligence and deep machine learning in a variety of ways to enhance the quality of school education including for designing evidence-based inventions.