Source: PIB, Economic Survey 2018-19
- Services sector (excluding construction) has a share of 54.3 per cent in India’s GVA and contributed more than half of GVA growth in 2018-19.
- The IT-BPM industry grew by 8.4 per cent in 2017-18 to US$ 167 billion and is estimated to reach US$ 181 billion in 2018-19.
- The services sector growth declined marginally to 7.5 per cent in 2018-19 from 8.1 per cent in 2017-18.
- Accelerated sub-sectors: Financial services, real estate and professional services.
- Decelerated sub-sectors: Hotels, transport, communication and broadcasting services.
- Services share in employment is 34 per cent in 2017.
- 10.6 million foreign tourists received in 2018-19 compared to 10.4 million in 2017-18.
- Forex earnings from tourism stood at US$ 27.7 billion in 2018-19 compared to US$ 28.7 billion in 2017-18