In news– Recently, home delivery of medicines was started under Services e-Health Assistance and Teleconsultation (SeHAT).
About Services e-Health Assistance and Teleconsultation (SeHAT)-
- SeHAT portal is the tri-services teleconsultation service of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) designed for all entitled personnel, veterans and their families.
- It also includes all Ex- Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) beneficiaries.
- It was launched by the Defence Minister in May 2021.
- The trial version was made functional in August 2020.
- It aims to provide healthcare services to patients in their homes.
- Safe and structured video-based clinical consultations between a doctor in a hospital and a patient within the confines of his or her home have been enabled under this.
- SeHAT Stay Home OPD has been developed by The Headquarters of the Integrated Defence Staff (HQ IDS) and the Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) in collaboration with the Centre for Development for Advanced Computing (CDAC Mohali).
- It is based on the lines of eSanjeevani a similar free OPD service run by the MoHFW for all citizens.
- SeHAT OPD is a patient to doctor system where the patient can consult a doctor remotely through the internet.
- The consultation occurs through video, audio and chat at the same time.
- SeHAT OPD will initially cater to the needs of general OPD consultation and in future, it is proposed to be extended to specialist OPD consultation.
- The user does not need to pay anything to seek teleconsultation & can simply access the services by visiting its portal or by using the SeHAT apps.