In news: It has been playing a pivotal role in ensuring smooth governance during COIVID-19 pandemic in the country
What is ServicePlus?
It is a versatile and secure solution for service delivery – makes all Government services accessible to the common man in his/her locality, through common service delivery outlets, and ensure efficiency, transparency, and reliability of such services at affordable costs to realize the basic needs of the common man.
About the ServicePlus
- To overcome challenges involved in reducing the timeline without compromising on quality and functionality, the National Informatics Centre’s (NIC) has launched an application development framework, ServicePlus to provide the solutions to reach the market with unprecedented speed.
- Developed as part of Panchayat Enterprise Suite (PES) under e panchayat Mission Mode Project (MMP).
- ServicePlus meta-data based e-Service delivery framework which is built on LowCode–NoCode (LCNC) architecture for delivering electronic-services to citizens.
- It is an application which is quick to learn and easy to use with minimal effort or very less skill set.
- “ServicePlus, a open source and multi-tenant architecture based configurable service delivery framework, is quick to learn and easy to use.
- The features are incorporated in ServicePlus in such a manner that it can be configured to suit the requirements of any stakeholder.
- The plethora of configurable features, including API based interaction with other systems, allows each tenant to configure their services as per their requirements using their choice of local language.
- The system allows us to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) before commissioning the e-service.
- It is a Low Code – No Code platform which has inbuilt modules like, Service Deﬁner, Service Coverage Selector, Target Beneﬁciary Definer, Form Generator Document Designer, Service Charge Calculator, Task/Process flow Designer, SMS/Email Notification Definer, DSC/eSign Signer and others
- There is no fixed set of application forms or process flow in ServicePlus; rather the stake holder is free to generate any forms and can decide the flow of the application as per their choice thereby making it more user friendly and configurable.
- ServicePlus renders a single unified portal to the citizen, along with mobile app, for accessing any service, track submitted applications, subscribe to alerts powered with its own dashboard
- ServicePlus also enables services to be accessed in local languages and it renders a single unified portal to the citizen for accessing any service, track submitted applications, subscribe to alerts.
Types of Services under ServicePlus
Following are a few services which are being provided by the governments via ServicePlus:
- Regulatory Services: Services like trade licences, permit for construction of a building etc. that can be denied to citizens.
- Statutory Services: Services like issuance of birth/death certificate which cannot be refused to citizens.
- Developmental Services: To render the government welfare schemes such as NREGS, IAY, old age pension, etc.
- Consumer Utilities Service: Services like bill payment and other comes under utility services.
Its integration with Aadhaar, DigiLocker & Arogya Setu app
- According to NIC, ServicePlus provides seamless integration with popular customer centric services like Aadhaar, Digi-locker and multiple payment gateways (banking or Government Receipt Accounting System).
- ServicePlus is a one-stop solution which gives citizens access in availing various pan India e-governance services, and supports Aadhaar-based authentication mechanisms.
- The Centre’s Aarogya Setu app, which gained a lot of traction in the times of Covid-19 has also been integrated with ServicePlus.
Benefits & Significance of ServicePlus
- ServicePlus provides all types of components and modules one needs to fabricate an Electronic Service Delivery system.
- It facilitates a wizard like interface to define and configure a service.
- ServicePlus facilitates the data flow with DigiLocker, CSC e-wallet, eTaal, e-Sign, Aadhaar and many more as and when required.
- It provides a visual approach to connect to these data sources and embed data elements directly into the application.
- It facilitates one to design data models and configure business logic directly.