Indian Army has developed a simple and secure messaging application named the “Secure Application for the Internet (SAI)”.
Key features of SAI
- It supports end to end secure voice, text and video calling services for Android platforms over the internet.
- It is similar to commercially available messaging applications like Whatsapp, Telegram, SAMVAD and GIMS and utilises end to end encryption messaging protocol.
- SAI scores over on security features with local in-house servers and coding which can be tweaked as per requirements.
- SAI has been vetted by CERT-in empaneled auditor and Army Cyber Group
- SAI app will be utilised by pan Army to facilitate secure messaging within the service.
- Under this app the process for filing Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), hosting the infrastructure on NIC and working on iOS platform is currently in progress.