The Union Education Minister and Tribal Affairs Minister jointly launched the ‘School Innovation Ambassador Training Program’ for 50,000 school teachers recently.
About School Innovation Ambassador Training Program(SIATP)
- Aim: SIATP aims to train 50,000 school teachers on innovation, entrepreneurship, IPR(Intellectual property Rights), design thinking, product development, idea generation etc.
- It also aims to make our teachers, change-agents and ambassadors of innovation to make our students future-ready.
- The program is a collaborative effort by the Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, CBSE and AICTE.
- The program has been designed by the Innovation Cell of the Ministry of Education and AICTE for school Teachers based on its “Innovation Ambassador Training Program for Higher Educational Institution’s faculty members”.
- The training will be delivered in online mode only.
- It will in turn nurture lakhs of students with innovation capabilities, develop a culture of innovation and lay the foundation of a new and vibrant India.
- More than 10,000 schools have nominated 5 teachers each from their schools to participate in this training programme.
- ‘SIATP’ will give wings to the creativity of the children and provide a platform so that they can give something new to the world with their ideas.
- The students of Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) will greatly benefit from SIATP.
- Through this unique capacity building programme for teachers, prominence has been given to development of creativity, collaboration , critical thinking and communication skills among children.
Role of Trained innovation Ambassadors
The trained ‘Innovation Ambassadors’ will perform the following tasks at school level:
- Creating the culture of innovation in their respective schools.
- Mentor the teachers and students of their respective and nearby schools.
- Provide support to other schools as a resource person.
- Spread the message of innovation and start-ups among the students and faculty.
- Act as an evaluator for Idea competitions conducted at the national level.
- Act as a Mentor for the national level program on Innovation and related activities.
Other initiative of Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS).
- Ekalavya World Education School.
- Adi-Prashikshan portal- a repository of training inputs.