Source: Ministry of Textiles & Times of India
The Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks (SITP) was launched in 2005 to provide the industry with State of the art world-class infrastructure facilities for setting up their textile units.
- Primary objective of the SITP is to provide the industry with world-class state of the art infrastructure facilities for setting up their textile units.
- The scheme would facilitate textile units to meet international environmental and social standards.
- SITP would create new parks of international standards at potential growth centres. This scheme envisages engaging a panel of professional agencies for project identification and execution.
- Each Integrated Textile Park (ITP) under the scheme would normally have 50 units. The number of entrepreneurs and the resultant investments in each ITP could vary from project to project. However, aggregate investment in land, factory buildings and Plant & Machinery by the entrepreneurs in a Park shall be at least twice the cost of common infrastructure proposed for the Park.
Scope of the scheme
The scheme targets industrial clusters/locations with high growth potential, which require strategic interventions by way of providing world-class infrastructure support. The project cost will cover common infrastructure and buildings for production/support activities (including textiles engineering, accessories. packaging), depending on the needs of the ITP.
Components of ITP
- Group A: Land.
- Group B: Common Infrastructure like the compound wall, roads, drainage, water supply, electricity supply including the captive power plant, effluent treatment, telecommunication lines etc.
- Group C: Buildings for common facilities like testing laboratory (including equipments), design center(including equipments), training center(including equipments), trade center/display center, warehousing, facility/ raw material depot, one packaging unit, crèche, canteen, workers hostel, offices of service providers, labour rest and recreation facilities, marketing support system (backward/forward linkages), etc.
- Group D: Factory buildings for production purposes.
- Group E: Plant & machinery.
- Group F: Workspace for textile units and workers hostel which
Job creation by the sector