Scheme for Financial Assistance for Promotion of Art and Culture
- The Scheme for Financial Assistance for Promotion of Art and Culture consists of 05 scheme components namely
- Repertory Grant;
- Financial Assistance to Cultural Organizations with National Presence;
- Cultural Function & Production Grant;
- Financial Assistance for Preservation and Development of Cultural Heritage of the Himalayas; and
- Financial Assistance for Development of Buddhist/Tibetan Arts and Culture.
The objective of 05 scheme component is as given below: –
- Objective: To provide financial support for all genres of performing arts activities like dramatic groups, theatre groups, music ensembles, children theatre etc. and imparting training of artists by their respective Guru on regular basis in line with Guru–Shishya Parampara.
- As per the scheme, support is provided to 1 Guru and maximum 18 Shishyas (in case of Theatre) and 01 Guru and 10 Shishyas (in case of Music and Dance categories).
- Amount of Assistance – Guru Rs.10000/- p.m., Shishya – Rs.1000-6000/-p.m.
Cultural organizations with National Presence
- Objective: To provide support for cultural activities at Large scale National / International level.
- The Quantum of assistance under this scheme is up to Rs. 5 Cr.
Cultural Function & Production Grant (CFPG)
- Objective: To provide financial support to NGOs/ Societies/ Trusts/ Universities etc. for Seminars, Conference, Research, Workshops, Festivals, Exhibitions, Symposia, Production of Dance, Drama-Theatre, Music etc.
- The maximum grants provided under CFPG is Rs.5 Lakh (Rs. 20 Lakh under exceptional circumstances)
Financial Assistance for the Preservation & Development of Cultural Heritage of the Himalayas
- Objective: To promote and preserve the cultural heritage of the Himalayas through research, training and dissemination through audio visual programmes.
- The financial support is provided to the organizations in the States falling under the Himalayan Region i.e. Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.
- The quantum of funding is Rs. 10.00 lakhs per year for an organization which can be increased to Rs. 30.00 lakhs in exceptional cases.
Financial Assistance for the Preservation & Development of Buddhist/Tibetan Organization
- Objective: Financial assistance is provided to the voluntary Buddhist/Tibetan organizations including Monasteries engaged in the propagation and scientific development of Buddhist/Tibetan Cultural and tradition and research in related fields.
- The quantum of funding under scheme component is Rs. 30.00 lakhs per year for an organization which can be increased to 1.00 crore in exceptional cases.