In order to provide a single platform to integrate quality assurance across all its services, the Leather Sector Skill Council (LSSC) announced the launch of Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees (SCALE) India android app.
Key features of the App
- The platform caters to the need of all the stakeholders of the skilling and employment ecosystem namely – candidate/trainee, employer, employee, assessor and trainer – all at one place.
- The services are accessible through the web and android application that virtually works on any smart handheld device, desktop/laptop, smartphones, tablets or phablets.
- Apart from providing end to end quality assurance across training, assessment, and certification services, the app will also help employers engage with other stakeholders seamlessly and provide a marketplace for human capital for the leather industry.
- SCALE will help candidates in the skilling ecosystem to get assessed and certified on their knowledge, skills and behaviour on a specific qualification pack.
- It also enables access to micro-learning modules for bridging the skill gaps that are identified and can be re-assessed and certified at the end of the learning on the specific qualification pack.
- It further assists the candidate to become a productive resource who is readily employable in the industry.
- The candidates can search for employment opportunities and connect with employers post completion of their certification.
- The assessments are currently available in English, Hindi, Tamil, and Bengali, with plans to add more regional languages in a phased manner.
- From an employer standpoint, the platform will serve as a job portal with access to a certified talent pool of candidates to hire from, leading to increase in productivity and profitability.
- Employers also get to share their skill gap requirements and check for suitable training modules available to bridge the skill gap of their workforce and raise training requests for short term/customised training that would be serviced by the LSSC.
- The employment demand aggregation works through the integration of the ASEEM portal with the SCALE platform.
About Leather Sector Skill Council
- It is a non-profit organisation dedicated to meet the demand for skilled workforce in the leather industry in India.
- LSSC was set up in 2012 as one of the key sector skill councils approved by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- It is operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship(MSDE)