In news- Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing (WPC) of Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has launched the initiative to facilitate online licensing through Saral Sanchar portal for use of Spectrum to conduct Experiments, Demonstrations, etc..
- The initiative will encourage spectrum based applications for experiments, demonstration, and testing requirements.
- The scope of the existing portal wherein applications for Access Services, Internet Services, and other licenses are being received has been expanded for receipt, processing and grant of licenses for demonstration, testing, manufacturing, etc…
- The approval process through Saral Sanchar will be faceless, transparent, and time bound.
- The permission granted will include clearance for possessing wireless equipment, import of necessary modules & subsystems, and demonstration of R&D products.
- The new measures will facilitate Indian companies to strengthen the R & D and manufacturing ecosystem for creating Indian IPRs and Global solutions.
- The key features include-
(i) Self-declaration (instant issue of licenses) for Indoor Experimentation (R&D), Indoor Demonstration and Manufacturing.
(ii) Just One license including all the licensing requirements of the user – Use of Spectrum, Import of related products and sub- assemblies, demonstration, possession of wireless equipment etc.
(iii) Deemed approval within 6 to 8 weeks from the date of application for all outdoor radiating licenses.
(iv) The Spectrum is offered on “Non-interference and non- protection basis” and on “No commercial services”.
About the portal-
- SARAL SANCHAR ( Simplified Application For Registration and Licenses) a Web based Portal, for issuing of various types of Licenses and Registration certificates.
- The Portal in its present form covers receipt of applications from applicants for issue of new Unified Licenses and Other Service Providers (OSP) registrations.
- The portal envisages that applicants get prompts and alerts at various stages of application submission so that all necessary requirements are complied before submitting the application.
- It has links for accessing the existing online activities of the WPC(Wireless Planning and Coordination) wing.