- Objective: SANKALP scheme envisages setting up of Trainers and Assessors academies with self-sustainable models.
- Ministry: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme with the support from the World Bank.
- It will leverage institutions for training trainers in both long and short term VET thereby bringing about convergence.
- Additional trainer academies will also be set up.
- It will focus on greater decentralization in skill planning by institutional strengthening at State level which includes setting up of SSDMs and allow states to come up with State and District level Skill Development Plans.
- It also aims at enhancement of inclusion of underprivileged and marginalized communities including women, Scheduled Castes (SCs)/Schedule Tribes (STs) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
- It will also develop a skilling ecosystem that will support the country’s rise in Ease of Doing Business index.
- Scheme will provide the required impetus to National Skill Development Mission, 2015 and its various sub missions.
- It converges skilling efforts of various central, state and private sector institutions thus, avoids duplication of activities and bringing about uniformity in vocational training for creating better impacte2 Ministry of Coal, Coal India, Railways and power utilities.
This is an important step in ensuring adequate availability and optimum utilization of coal at thermal power plants.
The Portal is designed to help in mapping and monitoring entire coal supply chain for power plants, viz –
- Coal Stock at supply end (mines),
- coal quantities/ rakes planned,
- coal quantity in transit and
- Coal availability at power generating station.
Benefits of Portal to the Stakeholders
The portal makes available following information on a single platform –
- Coal company will be able to track stocks and the coal requirement at power stations for effective production planning
- Indian Railways will plan to place the rakes as per actual coal available at siding and stock available at power stations.
- Power stations can plan future schedule by knowing rakes in pipe line and expected time to reach.
- Stock at power generating station
Ministry of Power /Ministry of Coal/ CEA/ POSOCO can review overall availability of coal at thermal power plants in different regions