- India-Bangladesh Joint Military Exercise – Sampriti 2019
- As part of the ongoing India Bangladesh defence cooperation, a joint military exercise Sampriti-2019 was conducted at Tangail, Bangladesh.
- Exercise Sampriti-2019 is an important bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and Bangladesh and this will be the eighth edition of the exercise which is hosted alternately by both countries.
- The exercise is aimed to strengthen and broaden the aspects of interoperability and cooperation between the Indian and Bangladesh Armies.
- The exercise will involve tactical level operations in a counter insurgency and counter terrorism environment under the UN mandate.
- The first edition of the Joint Military Exercise ‘Sampriti’ was conducted in Assam in the year 2011.
Since 2011, the joint military exercise is held every year alternately in India & Bangladesh. Sampriti 2019 was the 8th edition in the Sampriti series.