In news- Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI) Bangalore, under the SAMARTH Udyog Bharat 4.0 Platform organized a webinar on “Expert Talks from Samarth Udyog Centres” .
About the webinar-
- The objective of this Virtual Seminar was to listen from the experts of the Samarth Udyog Centres on the indigenous technology developments & the ways for collaborations in the domain of Smart Manufacturing & Industry 4.0.
- The webinar was targeted for professionals working in Research Labs, Academia, Start-ups, MSME Industries, Private Industries and OEM’s.
- Expert opinion on present status and future direction of indigenous technology and development activities in the domain of Smart Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 and Opportunities for collaboration with SAMARTH Udyog Centres were the key takeaway of the seminar.
About SAMARTH Udyog Bharat 4.0
- It is an Industry 4.0 initiative of the Department of Heavy Industry, Ministry of Heavy Industry & Public Enterprises under its scheme on Enhancement of Competitiveness in the Indian Capital Goods Sector.
- Its Vision: To facilitate and create an eco system for propagation of Industry 4.0 set of technologies in every Indian manufacturing by 2025, be it MNC, large, medium or small scale Indian company.
- SAMARTH Udyog encompasses manufacturers, vendors and customers as the main stakeholders.
- The experiential and demonstration centres for Industry 4.0 have been proposed to spread awareness about I4.0 amongst the Indian manufacturing industries.
- Five centres of I4.0 having a unique identity for spreading awareness and branding have been sanctioned under SAMARTH Udyog.
- It is emphasized that these centres would have resource sharing, common platform of industry 4.0 and network each other’s resources so that the utilization of resources is maximised.
Five CEFC (Common Engineering Facility Center) Projects are:
- Center for Industry 4.0 (C4i4) Lab Pune
- IITD-AIA Foundation for Smart Manufacturing
- I4.0 India at IISc Factory R & D Platform
- Smart Manufacturing Demo & Development Cell at CMTI
- Industry 4.0 projects at DHI CoE in Advanced Manufacturing Technology, IIT Kharagpur
The SAMARTH Udyog Bharat 4.0 projects have the following common features:
- Awareness campaigns.
- Master Trainers to be trained.
- Start-up/ incubators to be provided.
- Hand-holding of SMEs to plan and implement relevant Industry 4.0 projects to be done through consultancy services on a chargeable basis.
- Collaborating with neighbourhood Universities for student training/internship programmes.
- Involving industry in SPV membership model for sustainability.
- Participating in a Government formed platform for Industry 4.0 on common agenda.
- To make adequate provisions for e-waste management.
- Involving as many clusters of Capital Good as possible.
What is Industry 4.0?
- Industry 4.0 refers to the fourth industrial revolution, which is the cyber-physical transformation of manufacturing.
- Industry 4.0 has been defined as “a name for the current trend of automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies, including cyber-physical systems, the Internet of things, cloud computing and cognitive computing and creating the smart factory.