In news– The Union Minister for MSME has launched a Special Entrepreneurship Promotion Drive for Women -“SAMARTH” recently.
About SAMARTH drive-
- Implemented by the Ministry of MSME, it aims to provide women an opportunity to be self-reliant and independent by undertaking self-employment opportunities.
- As per the drive 20% Seats in free Skill Development Programs organized under skill development schemes of the Ministry will be allocated for Women.
- With this drive, 20% of MSME Business Delegations sent to domestic & international exhibitions under the schemes for Marketing Assistance implemented by the Ministry will be dedicated to women owned MSMEs.
- It provides 20% Discount on annual processing fee on National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC’s) Commercial Schemes.
- It also provides a Special Drive for registration of women-owned MSMEs under Udyam Registration.
- Through this initiative, the Ministry of MSME is focusing on providing Skill Development and Market Development Assistance to women and more than 7500 women candidates from rural and sub- urban areas will be trained in the FY 2022-23.
- Besides, thousands of women will be getting marketing opportunities to showcase their products in domestic and international exhibitions.
- To enhance the participation of women entrepreneurs in Public Procurement, a special discount of 20% shall also be offered on annual processing fee on NSIC’s following commercial schemes during the year 2022-23– Single Point Registration Scheme, Raw Material Assistance and Bill Discounting , Tender Marketing, B2B Portal msmemart.com.