Source: Press Information Bureau
Recently Union HRD Minister and Union Minister for Jal Shakti launched ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ drive to create awareness about Water Conservation among all school students in the country.
- To educate students to learn about conservation of water
- To sensitize students about the impact of scarcity of water
- To empower students to learn to protect the natural sources of water
- To help every Student to save at least one litre of water per day
- To encourage Students towards judicious use and minimum wastage of water at home and school level
- One Student – One Day – Save One Litre Water
- One Student – One Year – Save 365 Litres Water
- One Student – 10 Years – Save 3650 Litres Water
- In order to create awareness about water conservation among school students, this mega drive targets to connect more than 10 crore students with this programme.
- This scheme has been inspired by Jal Sanchay which is part of Jal Shakti Abhiyan.
- It is a time-bound campaign with a mission mode approach
- The Department of School Education & Literacy, MHRD has launched the ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ drive to promote water conservation activities for School Students, so that they can become competent, conscientious and committed water citizens of our nation.