Source: PIB & Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas
‘Saksham’, an annual one-month long, people-centric fuel conservation mega campaign of Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas was launched on 16th January by Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas.
About the campaign
- PCRA and Oil & Gas companies carried out various interactive programs during this month-long campaign.
- Activities like ‘Saksham’ Cycle Day, Cyclothons, Workshops for drivers of commercial vehicles, Seminars for housewives/cooks on adopting simple fuel-saving measure, Nationwide campaign through Radio, TV, Digital Cinemas, Outdoor, etc. were planned with an aim to reach the nook and corner of the country with the message of fuel conservation, Greener Environment, and Better Health.
- PCRA has been creating awareness amongst the general public about the need for fuel conservation and adopting tips for saving the fuel. PCRA has prepared a comic book jointly with NCERT on the theme ‘Fuel Conservation’ aimed at the younger generation especially the school children and is available on E-Pathshala on the NCERT website.
About Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA)
- PCRA is a registered society set up under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India. As a non-profit organization, PCRA is a national government agency engaged in promoting energy efficiency in various sectors of the economy.
- It helps the government in proposing policies and strategies for petroleum conservation, aimed at reducing excessive dependence of the country on oil requirement.
- Over the years, PCRA has enlarged its role in improving productivity in the use of various sources of energy.
- PCRA undertakes studies to identify the potential and to make recommendations for achieving the conservation of petroleum products in various sectors of the economy.
- It sponsors R&D activities for the development of fuel-efficient equipment/devices and organizes multi-media campaigns for creating mass awareness for the conservation of petroleum products.