Recently Minister of Steel launched a scheme of SAIL to promote Voluntary Philanthropist Activities (VPA) by its employees.
- The scheme called “SAIL Employee Rendering Voluntarism and Initiatives for Community Engagement (SERVICE)” will promote and facilitate philanthropist activities by the employees in a structured manner.
- The Minister also launched a portal for the employees to register for the scheme. The dedicated interactive “SAIL SERVICE” portal for implementation of this Scheme shall act as a platform for enabling faster interaction and communication amongst the various stakeholders. It shall eventually be developed as a repository of knowledge management in this regard.
- Through SERVICE, employees of SAIL will come forward to perform their social duties voluntarily and contribute towards social welfare and nation-building
- Under this scheme, all the employees of SAIL will be encouraged to undertake Voluntary Philanthropist Activities preferably under the identified thrust areas under the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- These include education and health, women empowerment, sustainable income generation, assistance to Divyangjan, access to water and sanitation, village development, environment sustenance, sports coaching, and traditional arts and culture.
- The Scheme may also promote other related VPAs by employees which should not be related to any other organization or receiving any funding from any organization
- SAIL shall provide logistic support to such employees or groups for undertaking the VPAs, subject to evaluation and assessment.
- Due recognition will also be given for the employees or groups under the scheme, based on their contribution.