In news- The senior citizens seeking work opportunities will be able to register themselves on a first-of-its-kind dedicated employment exchange portal for the elderly.
About SACRED Portal-
- ‘Senior Able Citizens for Re-Employment in Dignity (SACRED)’ portal is to bring the employment seeker senior citizens (60 years and above) and employment providers on one platform.
- Web portal will be developed through the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- An individual senior citizen will get himself registered on the portal with his relevant education, past experience, skills and the areas of interest.
- The person will also select keywords regarding expected tasks, which will enable the job providers to find them automatically.
- Details can be updated by the Senior.
- Any job provider – individual / firm/ company/ partnership/ Voluntary Organisation etc. can also register on the portal.
- Voluntary Organizations will help the senior citizens in applying for these jobs and no user charges will be taken from any of the senior citizens.
- The Employment Exchange Portal will not be a guarantee for getting a job/ employment or selling of the products of the SHGs, or for any other activity.
- It will act as an interactive platform where stakeholders meet each other virtually and decide on the course of action with mutual respect, consent and understanding.
- An amount of Rs. 10 Cr would be provided for funding for the platform development along with maintenance grant of @ Rs. 2 Cr per year for 5 years.