India reported a 45% increase in the use of Artificial Intelligence(AI), the highest among all the countries
- In a bid to address a number of challenges brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic, businesses and organizations in India adopted various artificial intelligence (AI) tools
- As per the PwC report, India reported a 45 percent increase in the use of AI, the highest among all countries, while the US recorded a 35 percent rise, the UK 23 percent, and Japan 28 percent
- The report states that Indian organizations are firm in their resolve to combat the challenges of the pandemic, with the manufacturing sector reconfiguring traditional practices to automate value chain processes and the Government engaging with technology firms to solve problems in the new normal (e.g. contact tracing, contactless thermal screening).
- It also states that universities, start-ups and the healthcare sector have developed AI-powered diagnostic guidance systems to help patients and models to predict the spread of the virus
- Around 70 per cent of enterprises surveyed by PWC India adopted AI, as against around 62 per cent last year.
- According to PwC research $15.7 trillion—that’s the global economic growth that AI will provide by 2030