Recently India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, in its fiftieth flight (PSLV-C48), successfully launched RISAT-2BR1 along with nine commercial satellites from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota
- RISAT-2BR1 is a radar imaging earth observation satellite weighing about 628 kg.
- The satellite will provide services in the field of Agriculture, Forestry and Disaster Management.
- The mission life of RISAT-2BR1 is 5 years.
- The nine customer satellites of Israel, Italy, Japan, and the USA were precisely injected into their designated orbits.
- These satellites were launched under a commercial arrangement with New Space India Limited (NSIL).
- PSLV-C48 is the 2nd flight of PSLV in ‘QL’ configuration (with 4 solid strap-on