Why in news?
ISRO successfully launched RISAT 2B, from Sriharikota which is PSLV C46 radar imaging satellite.
What is RISAT 2B?
- This is the 4th one in the RISAT series.
- It was placed in a 555kms orbit with a 37-degree inclination toward the equator.
- Its main usage is for military and general surveillance purposes.
- It is also used in support for agriculture, forestry, environment and disaster management.
- It is primarily used for earth observation and is fitted with synthetic aperture radar that will take pictures in cloudy weather as well as at night and day.
- PSLV C46 is its launch vehicle