Source: Ministry of Labour and Employment
The Revised Integrated Housing Scheme (RIHS), 2016 has been launched for workers. The Scheme was started in 1989. It was previously revised in 1994, 2001, 2004 and 2007. The present scheme was revised in 2016. The Revised scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Labour and Employment
Beneficiaries & Eligibility
- The RIHS-2016 shall apply to the workers engaged in Beedi/Iron Ore Mines, Manganese Ore & Chrome Ore Mines (IOMC)/Limestone Ore Mines, Dolomite Ore Mines (LSDM) /Mica Mines and Cine Industries, registered with the Labour Welfare Organisation (LWO) for at least one year.
- Before or after the application, there should not be any other pucca house either in the name of the applicant or the name of his/her spouse or any of the dependents within the territory of India.
- The applicant or spouse of dependent must have not received benefit from any other housing scheme or any other consolidated funds of India or funds of the state or local bodies.
- Applicant should possess Aadhaar number and a bank account for availing the subsidy.
- Applicant/ beneficiary should have homestead land in his/her name or jointly/severally owned along with other members of his family or on land allotted/ leased by the State Government/Gram Sabha. In case of lease land, the lease-hold right should be for at least 20 years, with provisions for further extension.
Assistance under the scheme
- Subsidy: The scheme provides a housing subsidy of Rs. 1,50,000/- per worker for construction of the house to be paid in three installments directly into the bank account of the beneficiaries. The installments shall be released in the slab of 25% (advance), 60% (After lintel level) and 15% (after completion).
- Deposit: No deposit is required to be made by the beneficiary for release of subsidy. There shall also be no cost ceiling in terms of the construction cost.
- Land area: The land area shall not be less than 60s sq.meter for general category. However the plot of smaller area/size can be considered in case of Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes provided the standards and specifications laid down in Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana are broadly followed.
- The construction of the house is to be completed by 18 months.
- There shall be no ceiling on the estimated cost of the dwelling unit.
- There shall be no upper ceiling on the carpet area of the constructed house