Features of Repealing and Amending Act
- It repeals 58 laws that have been listed in the First Schedule of the Act. These include: (i) the Beedi Workers Welfare Fund Act, 1976, and (ii) the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2001.
- The Act also makes minor amendments to two Acts which relate to substitution of certain words.
- The two Acts are:
- The Income Tax Act, 1961, and
- The India Institutes of Management Act, 2017.
- The Act is one of those periodic measures by which enactments have ceased to be in force or have become obsolete are repealed or by which the formal defects detected in enactments are corrected.
- This is being done to ensure minimum legislation and maximum governance.