What is it?
- READY programme is a new initiative of Indian Council of Agricultural Research to reorient graduates of Agriculture and allied subjects for ensuring and assuring employability and develop entrepreneurs for emerging knowledge-intensive agriculture
- Under this programme all students are required to undertake a six-month internship, usually in their fourth year, to gain hands-on training, rural awareness, industry experience, research expertise and entrepreneurship skills
- The programme is being introduced in all the Agricultural Universities as an essential prerequisite for the award of degree to ensure hands on experience and practical training depending on the requirements of respective discipline and local demands.
- The programme will help in building confidence, skill and acquire Indigenous Technical Knowledge (ITK) of the locality and thereby, preparing the pass-out for self-employment.
Aims of the programme
- It aims to provide rural entrepreneurship awareness, practical experience in real-life situation in rural agriculture and creating awareness to undergraduate students about practical agriculture and allied sciences
- It also aims to provide opportunities to acquire hands-on-experience and entrepreneurial skills
Components of the programme
Following are the five components of the programme
- Experiential Learning
- Rural Awareness Works Experience
- In-Plant Training / Industrial attachment
- Hands-on training (HOT) / Skill development training and
- Students Projects
All these components are interactive and are conceptualized for building skills in project development and execution, decision-making, individual and team coordination, approach to problem-solving, accounting, quality control, marketing and resolving conflicts, etc. with end to end approach.