RVY is a Central Sector Scheme for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices for Senior Citizens belonging to BPL category.
To provide senior citizens, belonging to BPL category and suffering from age-related disabilities/Infirmities, with such physical aids and assisted living devices which can restore near normalcy intheir bodily functions.
Implementation: The Scheme is being implemented through ‘Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO)’, (a Public Sector Undertaking under this Ministry) as the sole Implementing Agency
- Under the Scheme, aids & assisted living devices viz. walking sticks, elbow crutches, walkers/ crutches, tripods/ quad pods, hearing aids, wheelchairs, artificial dentures and spectacles are distributed free of cost to the eligible senior citizen’s beneficiaries.
- The Scheme is entirely funded from the Senior Citizens’ Welfare Fund (SCWF), established vide Senior Citizens’ Welfare Fund Rules, 2016
- Under RVY the beneficiaries in each district are identified by a team of doctors/technicians/other professionals in the Assessment Camps organized by ALIMCO in collaboration with the respective District Administration.
- The State Government/UT Administration/District Level Committee can also utilize the data of BPL beneficiaries receiving Old Age Pension under the NSAP or any other Scheme of the State/UT for identification of senior citizens belonging to BPL category.
- The devices are then distributed to the identified beneficiaries in the camp mode.
- As far as possible, 30% of the beneficiaries in each district shall be women.
- Eligibility: Senior Citizens, belonging to BPL category and suffering from any of the age-related disability/infirmity viz. Low vision, Hearing impairment, Loss of teeth and Locomotor disability will be provided with such assisted-living devices which can restore near normalcy in their bodily functions, overcoming the disability/infirmity manifested.