Source: PIB and National Portal of India
Recently the Prime Minister distributed Assistive Aids and Devices to Senior Citizens under Rashtriya VayoshriYojana (RVY) and to Divyangjan under ADIP Scheme at a ‘Samajik Adhikarita Shivir’ and a mega distribution Camp organized by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment at Parade Ground, Prayagraj (Uttar Pradesh)
About the event
- This will be the biggest ever distribution camp being conducted under RVY and ADIP schemes in all terms like a number of beneficiaries covered, the number of appliances and value of aids and appliances to be distributed.
- The objective of the event is also to facilitate and propagate information among general public particularly to Divyangjan and Sr. Citizens belonging to BPL category of the district about their issues of Day-to-day living and how to generate other avenues for their Socio-economic development
- With a view to maximise intended benefits to Senior Citizens and Divyangjan in the district of Prayagraj, ALIMCO, a Central Public Sector Enterprise, was ordered by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India to conduct assessment camps.
- With regard to camps conducted under Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojna (RVY) during the last 3 years, 137 such camps have been conducted by ALIMCO.
- The camp is organized in Prayagraj is the 138th Camp under Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana.
- Different types of assistive living devices like Wheel Chair, Walker, Hearing Aid, Spectacles, Denture, Walking stick, Tetrapod, Tripod, and crutches are distributed to Sr. Citizens under RVY schemes by ALIMCO.
About Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojna
- Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojna (RVY) was introduced in December 2016 and the Scheme was launched by conducting the first distribution camp at Nellore (A.P) on 1st April 2017
- RVY is a scheme for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices for Senior citizens belonging to the BPL category.
- This is a Central Sector Scheme, fully funded by the Central Government.
- The expenditure for implementation of the scheme will be met from the “Senior Citizens’ Welfare Fund”.
- The Scheme is implemented through the sole implementing agency – Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO), a PSU under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Under the scheme, the physical aids will be provided only to the senior citizens of the nation. This implies those who are aged above 60 years will get free assisted living aids and physical devices which are required for their sustainability.
- The main criteria for the senior citizens to get full benefits of the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (RVY) scheme is that they must belong to the BPL family and should hold a valid BPL cards issued by the concerned authority.