In News: The 11th edition is to be organised in West Bengal on 14-28 February 2021.
About Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav
- Nodal Ministry: It is a festival started by the Ministry of Culture
- RSM was conceived by the Ministry of Culture in the year 2015.
- Its objective is to showcase the rich cultural heritage of the Country in all dimensions, viz Handicrafts, Cuisine, Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Documentation and Performing Arts-Folk, Tribal, Classical and Contemporary- all in one place.
- The Rashtriy Sanskriti Mahotsav will cover a profusion of folk art forms from 22 States and it would offer the chance to experience the best in established and emerging virtuosity.
- The RSM will reconnect the people-especially the youth- with their indigenous culture, its multifaceted nature, magnificence, opulence and historical importance in the context of India as a Nation over the millennia.
- Participation of Zonal Centres: The festival witnesses the active participation of Seven Zonal Culture Centres. These zonal centres play a key role in taking the vibrant culture of India to the masses.
- The Governor of West Bengal, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar, inaugurated the 11th edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ on February 14, 2021.