In news- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, dedicated a building of Rashtriya Raksha University to the nation and delivered its first Convocation address at Ahmedabad recently.
About Rashtriya Raksha University(RRU)
- RRU is a Central University with its campus located northeast of Ahmedabad, in a village named Lavad, near Dehgam in Gandhinagar district, Gujarat.
- The University is destined to grow as a model security educational University of India.
- It aims at providing security and strategic education in the contemporary and futuristic security and strategic studies and interdisciplinary areas.
- It was set up to meet the need for high quality trained manpower in various wings of policing, criminal justice and correctional administration.
- It was established by the Government of Gujarat, India in 2009-10.
- In 2020, via an act of Parliament of India, the Government of India took over the University from the Government of Gujarat.
- The University, which is an Institution of National Importance, commenced its operations from 1st October, 2020.
- RRU offers academic programs from diploma to doctorate level in various areas of policing and internal security such as police science and management, criminal law and justice, cyber psychology, etc…