- Rapid Assessment System was developed by the National e-Governance Division, Ministry of Electronics & IT, for online instant feedback for e-services (online as well as offline through counters) delivered by the government of India and state governments
Rapid Assessment System (RAS)
Aim-At improving citizens’ vaccination experience, while ensuring that all norms are being followed during the process, the government is using ‘Rapid Assessment System’ (RAS) for taking feedback from those who get vaccinated.
Rapid Assessment System (RAS) for processing feedback on Covid Vaccination
- Registered mobile numbers and names of those vaccinated on a day are sent to the RAS system by Co-WIN platform at midnight.
- RAS system prepares a unique URL for feedback questions and sends personalised SMSs to all beneficiaries of that day. SMS contains the name of the person, dose (first/ second), and a unique URL.
- The sender ID used for SMS is “GOVRAS”.
- The sample SMS states: AX-GOVRAS. “Dear ABC, You have been vaccinated with the first dose of COVID-19. This message is from the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for obtaining your feedback on COVID -19 vaccination.
- You may provide your feedback by clicking on the URL
- When the user will click on the given URL mentioned in the text message, a feedback form will open displaying the Co-WIN logo, date and place of vaccination, dose (first/ second) and names of all those for confirmation, who got vaccinated. Once the user confirms for vaccination against one of the names, the following questions are asked:
- Was social distancing maintained at the vaccination site? (Y/N)
- Did the staff inform you about the vaccination process and give the vaccine properly? (Y/N)
- Were you informed about the adverse effects following immunization? (Y/N)
- Were you asked to wait for 30 minutes post vaccination for monitoring any adverse event? (Y/N)
- Were you satisfied with the overall experience of vaccination? (Y/N)
- If the user does not give the feedback against SMS within 24 hours, an outbound call is made from “1921” seeking feedback.
Advantages of RAS
- This feedback system will help the government to make the vaccination process more citizen-friendly.
- The Electronics and IT Ministry said, RAS platform has already sent out around six lakh 20 thousand SMSes to all those who have been vaccinated in a short span of four days.