Recently, Ranjitsinh Disale, a government School teacher of Maharashtra won the Global Teacher Prize and recognized as the world’s most exceptional teacher
A brief note on Mr. Ranjitsinh Disale
- Mr. Ranjitsinh Disale is well-known for his teaching work, which included adding QR codes to primary class books so that the children can get links to audio poems, video lectures, assignments and stories.
- After Disale became the first to introduce QR codes in his school’s textbooks, he submitted a proposal and a successful pilot scheme.
- In 2017, the Maharashtra government also decided to do the same across the state for textbooks of all classes.
- In 2018 the HRD Ministry(Now Ministry of education) announced that all NCERT books across India would have QR codes embedded in them.
- He has also worked towards eradicating teenage marraiges in his village and promoting girls’ education.
- Mr. Disale works towards building peace between young people across conflict zones. He connects young people from India and Pakistan, Palestine and Israel, Iraq and Iran, and the US and North Korea through a ‘Let’s Cross the Borders’ project.
About the Global Teacher Prize
- The Global Teacher Prize is a US $1 million award presented annually to an exceptional teacher who has made an outstanding contribution to their profession.
- It is awarded by Varkey Foundation which had published Global Teacher Status Index , the first comprehensive attempt to compare the status of teachers across the world.
- Eligibility: Candidates for the Global Teacher Prize will be judged on a rigorous set of criteria to identify an exceptional teacher who has made an outstanding contribution to the profession.
- The winner is chosen by the prominent Global Teacher Prize Academy made up of head-teachers, educational experts, commentators, journalists, public officials, tech entrepreneurs, company directors and scientists from around the world