The fifth edition of Raisina Dialogue, India’s flagship global Conference engaging with geopolitics and geo-economics was held in New Delhi.
Why the name Raisna?
The name “Raisina Dialogue” comes from Raisina Hill, an elevation in New Delhi, seat of the Government of India, as well as the Presidential Palace of India, Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- “Navigation the Alpha Century” is the title of this year’s dialogue
- It was jointly organized by Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation
- A session was held on the Indo-Pacific, including military or naval commanders from the Quadrilateral or Quad (Australia, India, Japan, and the United States) including French Defence official
About the Raisina Dialogue
- It is a multilateral conference committed to addressing the most challenging issues facing the global community.
- Every year, global leaders in policy, business, media and civil society are hosted in New Delhi to discuss cooperation on a wide range of pertinent international policy matters.
- The Dialogue is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectoral discussion, involving heads of state, cabinet ministers and local government officials, as well as major private sector executives, members of the media and academics.
About Observer Research Foundation
- It was started in 1990, ORF started out with an objective of dealing with internal issues of the economy in the wake of the 1990s reforms
- It is an independent think tank based in India.
- The foundation has three centres in Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.
- ORF provides potentially viable inputs for policy and decision-makers in the Indian Government and to the political and business communities of India.