Indian Railways with the objective of bringing hospital management on a single architecture to prevent pilferage and making operations seamless has entrusted RailTel Corporation of India Limited with the implementation of hospital management information system
- RailTel Corporation is a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” PSU and a ICT provider
- It was established in the year 2000
- It aims to modernize the existing telecom system for train control, operation and safety and to generate additional revenues by creating nationwide broadband and multimedia network, laying optical fiber cable using the right of way along railway tracks.
- It is one of the largest neutral telecom services providers in the country owning a Pan-India optic fiber network covering all Railway tracks, important towns & cities of the country and several rural areas.
- RailTel is at the forefront of providing nationwide Broadband Telecom & Multimedia Network in all parts of the country in addition to modernization of Train operations and administration of network systems for Indian Railways.
- RailTel offers a bundle of services like, MPLS-VPN, Telepresence, Leased line, Tower Co-location, Data center services etc.
- RailTel also undertakes various passenger services including content on-demand services and Wi-Fi across major railway stations in India.