In news– Minister of Railways launched Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana, a program under the aegis of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
About Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana(RKVY)-
- It is one of the skill enhancement training programs under Ministry of Indian Railways and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- The aim of this initiative is to impart training skills to the youth in various trades to bring qualitative improvement.
- Under this, free of cost training being imparted in Railway Training Institutes for eligible youths across the country.
- Any Metric passed student between 18-35 years age limit can select and apply for training online as well as offline.
- The Indian Railways will train 50,000 youths in this age group over the next three years as part of the scheme.
- Training programmes will be conducted in four trades such as electrician, welder, machinist and fitter and participants shall be provided 100 hours of training in 75 Railway Training Institutes, which have been shortlisted around the country.
- Participants shall have no claim to seek employment in the Railways on the basis of such training.
- The curriculum for the programme has been developed by Banaras Locomotive Works, the nodal production unit for this scheme which will maintain a centralised database of participants.
- They will also be provided Toolkits relevant to their trade which would help these trainees utilize their learnings and enhance their capacity for self-employment as well as employability in various industries.
- There will be no reservation given to the candidates under this Scheme.