RaIDer-X, a new explosive detection device, was unveiled at the National Workshop on Explosive Detection (NWED-2020) in Pune.
- The device has the capability to detect explosives from a stand-off distance.
- The data library can be built in the system to expand its capability to detect a number of explosives in pure form as well as with the contaminants.
- Bulk explosive in a concealed condition can also be detected by the device.
- RaIDer-X has been co-developed by High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) Pune and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
About National Workshop on Explosive Detection (NWED-2020)
- The two-day workshop has been organised by HEMRL Pune on its diamond jubilee celebration.
- HEMRL Pune is a premier laboratory of DRDO.
- It provides a platform to scientists, technocrats and users to share knowledge, experience and updated information on the technological advancements made in the recent past.
- The workshop will help in the further development of explosive detection devices and keep abreast on the recent development and advancements in the field of explosive detection.
|A brief note on the High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) |