In news– Indian Prime Minister has inaugurated Purvanchal Expressway at Karwal Kheri in Sultanpur district recently.
About Purvanchal Expressway–
- The 341 km expressway starts from Chandsarai village in the district of Lucknow located on the Lucknow-Sultanpur road(NH-731) and ends at Haidaria village on National Highway 31 in Ghazipur district.
- It is currently a six-lane wide highway and can be expanded to eight-lane in the future.
- It will reduce the travel time between Lucknow to Buxar in Bihar from seven hours to nearly four hours.
- Once it is opened to the public, the travel time from Lucknow to Ghazipur will be reduced from 6 hours to 3.5 hours.
- It establishes a direct link between the NCR and eastern Uttar Pradesh till almost the Bihar border.
- The Yamuna Expressway connects Noida to Agra while the Lucknow-Agra Expressway goes up to the state capital.
- The Purvanchal Expressway will end about 18 km from the UP-Bihar border.
- It will give a boost to the economic development of eastern parts of Uttar Pradesh, especially the districts of Lucknow, Barabanki, Amethi, Ayodhya, Sultanpur, Ambedkar Nagar, Azamgarh, Mau and Ghazipur.
- The government has developed land banks along the expressway and the Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority has been authorised to develop industrial hubs along the highway.
List of National Expressways–
|Expressway||Length(Km)||Declared as NE in|
|Eastern Peripheral Expressway||135||2006|
|Vadodara–Mumbai section of Delhi–Mumbai Expressway||380||2020|
|Delhi–Nakodar–Gurdaspur section of Delhi–Amritsar–Katra Expressway||398||2020|
|Nakodar–Amritsar section of Delhi–Amritsar–Katra Expressway||99||2020|