In news– India’s first-of-its-kind inclusivity, ‘Purple Fest: Celebrating Diversity’ began in a glorious ceremony in Goa recently.
About the fest-
- The festival aims to show to all how to bring inclusivity in our society, and how to support one another.
- The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, in collaboration with the Office of the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD), hosted this festival.
- It covered best practices in the field of disability, with an emphasis on enhancing accessibility by addressing implementation challenges of various schemes and programmes for people with disabilities, as well as accessibility innovations and action plans.
- It also included the Purple Think Tank, a series of speeches and panel discussions on themes such as inclusive education and employment for people with disabilities.
- The Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment also inaugurated a two day sensitization workshop on ‘’Issues relating to Empowerment of persons with Disabilities’ in association with the Purple Festival in Goa.
- The objective of the workshop was to sensitize the Government, Non-Govt, Corporate Sector about their role to create an inclusive society and also to have a co-ordinated approach towards the empowerment of Divyangjan.