Extending support to J&K and Ladakh students, AICTE has decided to release the installment of Rs. 20,000/- as maintenance allowance under Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)
An Expert Group was constituted by the Prime Minister in 2010 for enhancing employment opportunity among youths of J&K and Ladakh and formulate job opportunities in public and private sectors. Subsequently, Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) is being implemented in 2011 by the All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), New Delhi.
What is the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)?
- The Scheme aims to build the capacities of the youths of J&K and Ladakh by Educating, Enabling and Empowering them to compete in the normal course
- Under the PMSSS Scheme, the youths of J&K and Ladakh are supported by way of scholarship in two parts namely the academic fee & maintenance allowance.
- The academic fee is paid to the institution where the student is provided admission after on-line counselling process conducted by the AICTE.
- The academic fee covers tuition fee and other components as per the ceiling fixed for various professional, medical and other under-graduate courses.
- In order to meet expenditure towards hostel accommodation, mess expenses, books & stationery etc., a fixed amount of Rs.1.00 Lakh is provided to the beneficiary and is paid in instalments @ Rs. 10,000/- per month directly into students account.
Who is eligible to get PMSSS?
- Students having domicile of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Passing 10+2 examination from J&K Board or CBSE located in J&K.
- Only those willing to study outside the State of J&K.
- Whose family Income is Rs. 6.00 Lakh or below per annum.
- Fulfilling minimum age and other eligibility criteria as prescribed by the colleges.
- Aadhar Card is essential for smooth disbursement scholarship through direct benefit transfer.
|About All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
It was set up in November 1945 as a national-level Apex Advisory Body to conduct a survey on the facilities available for technical education and to promote development in the country in a coordinated and integrated manner.