What is PRAKASH portal?
- The Portal aims at bringing better coordination for coal supplies among all stakeholders viz – Ministry of Power, Ministry of Coal, Coal India, Railways and power utilities. This is an important step in ensuring adequate availability and optimum utilization of coal at thermal power plants.
Features of the portal
- The Portal is designed to help in mapping and monitoring entire coal supply chain for power plants
- coal stock at supply end (mines)
- coal quantities/ rakes planned
- coal quantity in transit
- coal availability at power generating station
- The portal makes available following information on a single platform –
- Coal company will be able to track stocks and the coal requirement at power stations for effective production planning
- Indian Railways will plan to place the rakes as per actual coal available at siding and stock available at power stations.
- Power stations can plan future schedules by knowing rakes in the pipeline and expected time to reach.
- Stock at power generating station
- Ministry of Power /Ministry of Coal/ CEA/ POSOCO can review overall availability of coal at thermal power plants in different regions
- PRAKASH Portal is developed by NTPC and sources data from different stakeholders such as Central Electricity Authority (CEA), Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) and coal companies. The Portal will make available four reports: Daily Power Plant Status, Periodic Power Plant Status, Plant Exception Report, and Coal Dispatch Report.