In news– Prime Minister of India has inaugurated the Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya recently.
About Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya-
- Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya is a tribute to honour the contributions of all the former Prime Ministers of the country.
- Built at Delhi’s Teen Murti Estate, it is an inclusive endeavour aimed at sensitizing and inspiring the younger generation about the leadership, vision and achievements of all Prime Ministers of the country.
- Starting from India’s freedom struggle, the museum goes on to tell the story of how our Prime Ministers navigated the nation through various challenges and ensured the all-round progress of the country.
- It also celebrates the making of the Constitution of India and informs visitors about the great men and women of the Constituent Assembly, especially Dr. B.R Ambedkar, who steered our ancient nation to a modern Republic.
- The design of the museum building has incorporated sustainable and energy conservation practices.
- The logo of the museum represents the hands of the people of India holding the Dharma Chakra symbolizing the nation and democracy.
- There are a total of 43 galleries in the museum and the museum integrates the erstwhile Teen Murti Bhawan designated as Block I, with the newly constructed building designated as Block II.
- The museum has employed cutting-edge technology-based interfaces to encompass heterogeneity in content and frequent rotation of display like Holograms, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Multi-touch, Multimedia, interactive kiosks and interactive screens.