In News: Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK) seeks to provide better socio economic infrastructure facilities to the minority communities particularly in the field of education, health & skill development which would further lead to lessening of the gap between the national average and the minority communities with regard to backwardness parameters.
Ministry/Department : Ministry of Minority Affairs
- PMJVK aims to address development deficits in identified minority concentration areas.
- The identification of these areas will be done on the basis of the presence of a substantial population of notified Minority Communities based on Census, 2011.
- It will also provide better socio economic infrastructure facilities to minority communities particularly in the field of education, health and skill development as compared to the present situation.
- This will lead to lessening of the gap between national average and minority communities with regard to backwardness parameters.
- PMJVK will be implemented in Minority Concentration District Headquarters, Minority Concentration Block(MCBs), Minority Concentration Towns(MCTs) falling in 308 districts of 32 States/UTs.
- It will also be implemented in Backward Clusters of Minority Concentration Villages (CoMCV) which will be identified on proposal of States/UTs as per criteria of the scheme.
Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP)
- MsDP was launched in 2008-09 in 90 identified Minority Concentration Districts (MCDs) having at least 25% minority population and below national average with the objective of developing assets for socio-economic and basic amenities.
- It was designed primarily to address developmental gaps and deficits in identified backward minority concentration areas by topping up existing Centrally Sponsored Schemes of various Central ministries and departments without any change in norms, guidelines and funding pattern.
- It was one of Core of Core Schemes under National Development Agenda in Report of Sub-Group of Chief Ministers on Rationalization of Centrally Sponsored Schemes constituted by NITI Aayog.