- Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP), Har Khet ko Paani (HKKP) and Watershed Development components have been approved for continuation during 2021-26.
- Total additional irrigation potential creation targeted during 2021-26 under AIBP is 13.88 lakh hectare.
- The inclusion criteria have been relaxed for projects under tribal and drought prone areas under AIBP.
- Central funding of 90% of water components for two national projects, namely Renukaji Dam Project
About Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) –
- Launched in 2015, PMKSY is an umbrella scheme, providing central grants to the State Governments for specific activities detailed below.
- PMKSY is amalgamation of various schemes namely
- Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme (AIBP).
- Har Khet Ko Pani (HKKP) including Command Area Development (CAD), Surface Minor Irrigation (SMI) and Repair, Renovation and Restoration (RRR) of Water Bodies [Implemented by MoWR, RD & GR].
- Per Drop More Crop (PDMC) [Implemented by Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare]
- Watershed Development (WD) [Implemented by Department of Land Resources].
- AIBP aims for financial support to irrigation projects.
- Har Khet Ko Pani (HKKP) aims for enhancement of physical access on the farm and expansion of cultivable area under assured irrigation.
- Watershed Development component focuses on development of rainfed areas towards soil and water conservation, regeneration of groundwater, arresting runoff and promoting extension activities related to water harvesting and management.