PMKVY 3.0 to be launched soon will be placed on UMANG platform
About PMKVY 3.0
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 3.0 (2020-21) was approved by the Expenditure Finance Committee (EFC) in the meeting held on 17th September 2020 under the chairmanship of Secretary (Expenditure).
- The new (PMKVY 3.0) (2020-2021) is targeting to train 8 Lakh candidates at an outlay of INR 948.90 Crore during 2020-21.
- It will focus on strengthening district skill committees to identify and cater to local skilling needs
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship outcome-based skill training scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- The objective of this skill certification and reward scheme is to enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up outcome based skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood.
- The scheme aims to cover 10 million youth during the period 2016 -2020.
- Under this Scheme, Training and Assessment fees are completely paid by the Government.
- Skill training would be done based on the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) and industry led standards.
Key components of PMKVY
- Short Term Training: The Short Term Training imparted at PMKVY Training Centres (TCs) is expected to benefit candidates of Indian nationality who are either school/college dropouts or unemployed. Apart from providing training according to the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF), TCs shall also impart training in Soft Skills, Entrepreneurship, Financial and Digital Literacy.
- Recognition of Prior Learning: Individuals with prior learning experience or skills shall be assessed and certified under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of the Scheme. RPL aims to align the competencies of the unregulated workforce of the country to the NSQF.
- Special Projects: The Special Projects component of PMKVY envisages the creation of a platform that will facilitate trainings in special areas and/or premises of Government bodies, Corporates or Industry bodies, and trainings in special job roles not defined under the available Qualification Packs (QPs)/National Occupational Standards (NOSs).
- Kaushal and Rozgar Mela: PMKVY assigns special importance to the involvement of the target beneficiaries through a defined mobilisation process. TPs shall conduct Kaushal and Rozgar Melas every six months with press/media coverage; they are also required to participate actively in National Career Service Melas and on-ground activities.
- Placement Guidelines: PMKVY envisages to link the aptitude, aspiration, and knowledge of the skilled workforce it creates with employment opportunities and demands in the market. TPs shall also provide support to entrepreneurship development.
- Monitoring Guidelines: To ensure that high standards of quality are maintained by PMKVY TCs, NSDC and empaneled Inspection Agencies shall use various methodologies, such as self-audit reporting, call validations, surprise visits, and monitoring through the Skills Development Management System (SDMS). These methodologies shall be enhanced with the engagement of latest technologies.
The scheme would be implemented through the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
About UMANG platform
- UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD) to drive Mobile Governance in India.
- UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen centric services.
Services under UMANG
It is an all-in-one single unified secure multi-channel multi-platform multi-lingual multi-service freeware mobile app for accessing over 841 services through 127 central and state government departments in multiple Indian languages over Android, iOS, Windows and services such as: AADHAR,. DigiLocker, Bharat Bill Payment System, PAN, EPFO services, PMKVY services, AICTE, CBSE, Tax and fee, Utilities bills payments, Education, Passport