Pradhan Mantri JanDhan Yojana (PMJDY) with the following changes:
In a major boost to pro-people and pro-poor initiatives, the Union Cabinet has approved the continuation of National Mission for Financial Inclusion – Pradhan Mantri JanDhan Yojana (PMJDY) with the following changes:-
- The National Mission for Financial Inclusion (PMJDY) to continue beyond 14.8.2018
- Existing Over Draft (OD) limit of Rs.5000 to be raised to Rs.10,000
- There will not be any conditions attached for OD up to Rs.2,000
- Age limit for availing OD facility to be revised from 18-60 years to 18-65 years.
- Focus on opening accounts from “Every Household to Every Adult”.