In news- Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar addressed the 3rd edition of the Northern Zone Food Processing Summit organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) through video conference.
About Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME)-
- The Ministry of Food Processing Industry (MoFPI) launched the PMFME scheme under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- The aim is to enhance the competitiveness of existing individual micro-enterprises in the unorganized segment of the food processing industry and promote formalization of the sector.
- The scheme to be implemented over a period of five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25 with a total outlay of Rs.10,000 crore.
- The scheme has a special focus on supporting Groups engaged in Agri-food processing such as Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), Self Help Groups (SHGs) and Producers Cooperatives along their entire value chain.
- The PMFME scheme support in terms of:
- Food processing entrepreneurs through credit-linked capital subsidy @35% of the eligible project cost with a maximum ceiling of Rs.10 lakh per unit.
- Seed capital @ Rs. 40,000/- per SHG member for working capital and purchase of small tools.
iii. Credit linked grant of 35% for capital investment to FPOs/ SHGs/ producer cooperatives.
- Support for marketing & branding to micro-units.
- Support for common infrastructure and handholding support to SHGs, FPOs and Producer Cooperatives.
- Providing Capacity building and training support to increase the capabilities of the enterprises and upgradation of skills of workers.