In News: The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJ&E), DAKSH Yojana – for holistically improving the competency levels of its target group comprising members of Scheduled Castes communities and the poorer section of the Other Backward Classes Communities, Sanitation Workers.
- National Action Plan for the marginalized persons of SC, OBC, EBC, DNT, Sanitation workers including waste pickers, manual scavengers, transgenders and other similar categories named ‘Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi’ (DAKSH) Yojana is proposed to be put in place with a multi-pronged strategy.
- To improve the all-round competency and adeptness of and 10 lakh persons of these categories
- Time period over the next four years, beginning with nearly 1.5 lakh youth in the first year i.e. 2020-21
- Sponsoring Department: National Backward Classes Finance And Development Corporation
- The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJ&E), caters for empowerment of the socially, educationally and economically marginalized sections of the society including
- Sr. Citizens,
- victims of alcoholism and substances abuse,
- Transgender persons,
- Denotified Tribes (DNTs),
- Safai Karamcharis,
- Waste Pickers and Manual Scavengers.
- Most of the persons of the target group are having minimal economic assets; Therefore, provision of training and enhancing their competencies is essential for economic empowerment/ upliftment of these marginalized target groups.
- With the above in mind, a National Action Plan for the marginalized personsnamed ‘Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi’ (DAKSH) Yojana is proposed to be put Forward.
National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC)
- Is a Govt. of India Undertaking under the aegis of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- NBCFDC was incorporated under Section 25 of the Companies Act 1956 on 13th January 1992 as a Company not for profit
- Objective to promote economic and developmental activities for the benefit of Backward Classes and to assist the poorer section of these classes in skill development and self-employment ventures.
- NBCFDC provides financial assistance through State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs) nominated by the State Governments/UTs.
- NBCFDC also provides Micro Financing through SCAs/ Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- The Corporation can assist a wide range of income generating activities to assist the poorer section of these classes in skill development and self-employment ventures under following broad sectors:
- Agriculture and Allied Activities
- Small Business
- Artisan and Traditional Occupation
- Technical and Professional Trades/Courses
- Transport and Service Sector etc.
- The Corporation additionally facilitates skill development of poor persons belonging to OBCs, persons of Economically Backward Classes (EBCs), De-notified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribe, Sr. Citizen, Beggars and Transgender.