The Ministry of Education has developed an online module for compiling the data of out-of-school children identified by each state/UT and their mapping with special training centres (STC) on the PRABANDH portal.
- With this online module, they will facilitate age appropriate admissions of children in the age group of 6-14 years and those belonging to socially and economically disadvantaged groups.
- For out of school children in the 16-18 years age group, financial assistance will be provided for the first time in the current session 2021-22, to continue their education through open/distance learning mode.
- The child-wise information of the identified out of school children and STCs will be uploaded at block level under the supervision of block source coordinator of the certain block research centre (BRC).
- The information regarding out of school children, STCs and their progress, as uploaded by the BRC is validated by the District Magistrate or an appropriate officer as authorised by the DM/DC.
- A quarterly progress report and a user manual are shared on the portal
About PRABANDH portal
- PRABANDH means PRoject Appraisal, Budgeting, Achievements and Data Handling System
- It is the portal of Dept of School Education of Ministry of Education under Samagra Shiksha
- Core objectives:
- To obviate the need for submitting hard copies, except where it is mandated otherwise.
- To have transparency and accuracy in the System w.r.t Approvals, Releases, Financial Status.
- To streamline the Financial Management System, to enable more accurate assessment of actual requirement of funds for implementation.
- For efficient decision- making.
- In order to enhance efficiency and manage the implementation of newly launched Centrally Sponsored Integrated Scheme for School Education, Samagra Shiksha, a PRABANDH System has enabled on the https://seshagun.gov.in website,
- In this portal States and UTs may view the Status of GoI Releases, approved outlays, coverage as per UDISE, school wise list of approvals, school wise gaps, cancellations in approvals etc. under Samagra Shiksha
- In addition, online submission of Monthly Progress Reports, physical as well as financial, can also be made by the respective State/UTs in the PRABANDH System.
- It also provides monthly status of physical and financial progress under the major interventions of the scheme , which automatically picks up data from the system based on monthly updates done by the States and UTs
Extra reading: https://journalsofindia.com/samagra-shiksha/